Secdo, a pioneer in automated endpoint security and incident response technology, announced support for the Apple Mac operating system, including Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra. Secdo’s innovative approach brings a number of long-awaited firsts among endpoint detection and response providers who lack feature parity for organizations faced with growing numbers of Mac users. Combining the only thread-level visibility on the market today with a unique behavior based assisted learning engine, Secdo is the only solution to automatically detect new threats and investigate every security alert from any source in seconds, creating a force multiplier for security teams while dramatically improving the operational backlog for discovery and recovery of internal and external threats.
With the addition of the Mac agent, Secdo brings the following innovations to the endpoint detection and response market, including:
• The first platform with complete feature parity across Windows, Linux and now Mac for threat hunting, detection, forensic investigations and response;
• The first agent that monitors all activity at the thread-level allowing process threads to be tracked independently providing greater clarity;
• The only platform that retains all endpoint activity for over one hundred days, more than the average dwell time of a breach , while ensuring no usability limitations at scale;
• The only platform that incorporates Behavioral Indicators of Compromise (BIOCs) for signature-less custom detection of advanced threats based on attack methodology;
• The only endpoint platform that correlates Mac data with third-party and SIEM security events mapping the attack timeline and reducing alert triage time to seconds;
• The only platform that automatically investigates any third party and SIEM security events creating a complete picture of the attack with detailed forensic data and reducing incident investigation time to minutes;
• The only platform with a scalable response center allowing both live actions (reverse shell, screen capture, task and file manager, etc.) and home-grown utilities to be run remotely, and
• The only agent/sensor with consistent near zero impact on performance with continuous monitoring and collection.
“Macs had 299 CVE Vulnerabilities in 2017 and opened 2018 with the Intel Spectre vulnerability and MacOS IOHID kernel vulnerability,” said Jason Dettbarn, CEO of Mac management vendor, Addigy. “Top tier security tools like Secdo are integral to protecting against such Zero Day vulnerabilities while we wait for Apple to release a stable patch to protect machines.”
Secdo’s innovative Behavioral Based Indicators of Compromise (BIOC) technology combined with the unique thread-level visibility and the in-built assisted learning engine allows security teams to detect and protect against Mac specific attack methods rather than signatures.
Applying this capability to the day-to-day activities of security teams is key to creating a proactive defense, Secdo users will create tailor made BIOCs that will uniquely detect and then automatically investigate anomalies and abnormal behaviors found on any endpoint. The result allows security teams to force multiply their efforts in validation, forensic investigation, and scaled response to any threat in seconds rather than weeks, while ensuring the platform will adapt to protect against future attacks.