REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — SupportSoft, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPRT) , a leader in technology problem resolution, today announced the results of the first SupportSoft IT Headache Index, which evaluated nearly 2 million call logs from over 20 large, multinational companies, to determine which issues were driving the most calls into the enterprise IT help desk.
The SupportSoft IT Headache Index found that five groups of problems account for 75% of calls into the IT help desk. These problems include:
1. Password problems — drive 20% of calls, including resets and unlocks for applications
2. System issues — cause 16% of calls, ranging from hardware failures and memory problems to system performance
3. Enterprise applications — account for 16% of calls, including custom applications
4. Connectivity issues — make up 12% of calls, and include remote access setup and VPN complaints
5. E-mail problems — claim 11% of calls, where settings problems and send/receive issues are most cited
The SupportSoft IT Headache Index was compiled by analyzing the total volume of call drivers of nearly 2 million call logs from more than 20 large corporations. The companies included in the analysis have an average revenue of nearly $25 billion, and average almost 75,000 employees per company.
“While we can’t automate the human memory to make it work without fail, we can help companies proactively address the common problems leading to most of the calls into the help desk,” said Anthony Rodio, chief marketing officer for SupportSoft. “SupportSoft’s software helps companies more effectively and efficiently manage the resolution of common computer problems. The result can be dramatically reduced call volume and a subsequent decrease in the cost of delivering support to end-users. At the same time, end-users are more satisfied and productive because they can spend more time doing their job, and less time having their frustrating computer problems resolved.”
SupportSoft software integrates proactive support with self-healing, employee self-service and intelligent assisted service to help automate the resolution of technology problems. SupportSoft software helps enterprises to quickly resolve employee technical issues and enable IT and help desk organizations to more efficiently manage company support needs, while containing the operational costs for high quality service delivery.